U.S. Senators Kirsten Gillibrand, Richard Blumenthal, and Congressman Chris Gibson, in partnership with the Tick-Borne Disease Alliance (TBDA), hosted a forum to discuss the fight against the silent epidemic of tick-borne diseases, including Lyme disease.
The forum included a panel of doctors, experts, and patients who offered their insight in ways to combat Lyme and other tick-borne diseases:
- Dr. Richard Ostfeld, Disease Ecologist at the Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies
- Dr. Brian Fallon, Director of the Center for Neuroinflammatory Disorders and Biobehavioral Medicine; Director of Lyme and Tick-Borne Diseases Research Center, Columbia University
- Dr. Roy Gulick, Professor of Medicine and Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases, Weill Cornell Medical College; Attending Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City
- Dr. David Leiby, Head of Transmissible Diseases at American Red Cross
- John McPherson, nationally syndicated cartoonist, Creator of the “Close to Home” comic, patient advocate