The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) collects temperature and precipitation data from around the world and displays it on their Climate at a Glance website.This Climate at Glance website offers near real-time analysis of monthly climate variability by region.
By following the steps below, you can use the NOAA website to view Hudson Valley climate data from 1895 to 2014. Note: the NOAA website indicates that these data have been modified to take artificial effects (e.g., instrument changes, station relocation, observer practice changes) into account.
- Click on the link above to open the NOAA Climate at a Glance website.
- By default, the window will open to the U.S. Time Series tab.
- Determine which parameter you want to measure (e.g., temperature or precipitation).
- Select the time scale and month you would like displayed.
- Choose your start year and end year.
- Select "New York" for State/Region.
- Select "CD 5. Hudson Valley" for Climate Division/City.
- Click plot to display the graph you have created.